Click here for printable copy.
Sealed Bid Proposals will be received by The Tuscaloosa County Parks and Recreation Authority at the Ol’ Colony Golf Course Pro-shop located at 401 Old Colony Road Tuscaloosa Alabama 35406 until 2:00pm on May 24, 2013 for bid #09-13 “Ol’ Colony Golf Course Renovation” at which time they will beopened publicly and read.
The work includes the renovation of an 18 hole golf course which includes:
- the replacement of the putting greens
- the renovation of the bunkers
- adding nine additional tees
- drainage improvements
- sod for repairing areas around greens and bunkers
- Plans, Specifications, and Contract Documents may be obtained by contacting Erin F. Wiggins at the Administrative office, 614 Greensboro Ave, Tuscaloosa Alabama 35403 205-562-3220.
- A Mandatory Pre-Bid Meeting will be held at the Ol’ Colony Pro Shop 401 Old Colony Road, to beginpromptly at 9:00 a.m. on May 20, 2013. A guided tour of the premises will be held immediately following.
- Failure to attend the pre-bid meeting will disqualify the bidders.
- Pre-qualification of bidders: All Bidders must be able to present at pre-bid, qualifications as to theirexpertise in the Golf Course Construction Business. Bidders must have completed three golf courseprojects in the last five years (or five projects in the last ten years) of similar or greater scope thatincluded the construction of greens and bunkers to USGA recommended specifications. The biddermust have five years of continuous golf course construction experience and be a licensed contractor inthe State of Alabama for such work.
- Greens must be planted no later than JULY 15, 2013.
- Period of performance is not negotiable.
- Construction Schedule is included in the bid package.
- A bid bond will be required of 5% of the project cost not to exceed $10,000 in the form of a bond or cashier’s check made payable to Tuscaloosa County Park & Recreation Authority.
- No bid may be withdrawn after the scheduled closing for the receipt of bids for a period of 60 days.The Owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive informalities.All bidders shall meet licensing requirements of Title 23, Chapter 8, Code of Alabama.