Veterans Memorial Park

1701 McFarland Blvd E
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
(205) 562-3210

Veterans Memorial Park was developed as a memorial for all veterans of the United States Armed Forces and as a tribute to Northington General Army Hospital, one of the largest military hospitals in the world at the end of WWII. When the hospital closed, it was stipulated that the one-acre site could only be used as a shrine, a memorial to veterans or a denominational church.

The Park was first dedicated in 1978 as a memorial for veterans of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. In 1997, a rededication ceremony was held at the Park with guest speaker Lee Allen Hallman, CDR USN (Retired). In 2002, surviving crew members of the USS Tuscaloosa held a joint reunion with their sister ship the USS Wichita. The veterans came from all over the United States to see fellow soldiers and to view parts of their ship, perhaps for the last time.

Starting in 2003 the Tuscaloosa Veterans Memorial Park Association has presented a Memorial Day service for those who sacrificed for our freedom, country and way of life. Today the Park serves as an invaluable patriotic reminder for our children and future generations.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO

How can we ever repay the veterans who risked and even sacrificed their lives for our freedom? All veterans, survivors and community members are encouraged to honor their service through the Veterans Park Endowment. For over three decades the purchase of Park monuments, improvements and maintenance have been made possible through generous donations by many local citizens.

The Board of Directors of the PARA Foundation manages all endowment funds. Donors may make gifts to the Endowment at any time and the gifts are tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. 

Tax Deductible Donations may be made to the Veterans Endowment via the PARA Foundation.