REGISTRATION: OPENS – February 7, 2018 / CLOSES – March 7, 2018
COACHES MEETING: Sunday, January 28 at 2:00 PM at FUMC (gym)
PRACTICES BEGIN: February 15, 2018 (teams must be registered and fee paid)
*There will be break in practices February 22nd - 25th for the Hillcrest Patriot Classic tournament. No practices on the Hutt fields will be allowed. Scheduling of practices will resume on February 26th.
GAMES BEGIN: March 19, 2018
*Contacts: Pam Philips- 205-562-3200 / email@example.com; Stephen Stroud -205-349-9516
In partnership with other baseball parks in Tuscaloosa County, PARA will provide an opportunity for youth of Tuscaloosa County to participate in an organized league of baseball for those that have established travel baseball teams.
Registration for the 2018 edition of Metro Baseball League is now open. Registration is by team only. Metro Baseball League does not provide placement of individual players onto established teams. Each team must register by completing the team roster form and paying the registration fee at ANY Tuscaloosa County PARA Office.
PRACTICE GUIDELINES for teams who pay full registration fee:
- Pre-Season: One weeknight practice (M, T, or TH) and one weekend practice (Sat or Sun) as part of team registration fee
- Pre-Season practices will be held on Hutt fields 5, 6 or 7 depending upon age group
- During Season: One practice only (M, T, TH, Sat or Sun) as part of team registration fee
- If a second practice is needed during week, cost will be $14.00 per hour + lights (if required) All "paid" practices will be held at Sokol A, Sokol F (until Tee Ball season begins April 7th), Hughes Center field C or the McDaniel field at Fosters - Braughton Park.
- 14U practices/games will be held on Field 3 at the Miller Center fields.
- To schedule a "paid" practice, coaches/parents must visit or call Belk Center (562-3200) or the Phelps Centers (562-3230). These Centers have been designated as the only locations to reserve fields at the discounted hourly rate.
- No practices will be held on Wednesday's. This is a day of rest for fields and for PARA staff to reline and do maintenance
- 10U /$1200 SEASON FEE (includes 12-game schedule with 10-game guarantee as well as practices on PARA fields according to guidelines shown above)
- 12U /$1200 SEASON FEE (includes 12-game schedule with 10-game guarantee as well as practices on PARA fields according to guidelines shown above)
- 14U / $1000 SEASON FEE (includes 12-game schedule with 10-game guarantee as well as practices on PARA fields according to guidelines shown above)
Each team must send their head coach and first assistant coach through the PARA coaching protocol. The items required are listed below.
All coaches should submit the following items to the PARA administrator prior to approval for coaching in this program.
- Youth Sports Coach's Application (Completed each season for every sport).
- Signed Code of Conduct (Completed each season for every sport).
- Photo of Driver's License (Required for annual background check).
- Concussion Training Certificate - Must be completed annually per Section 22-11E-2 of the Code of Alabama 1975
A VALID PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO DO A BACKGROUND CHECK.