The youth summer basketball league is a collective partnership between Tuscaloosa County PARA, Druid City Youth Basketball Association, and the Safe Haven League with a common goal of offering the youth of Tuscaloosa County an opportunity to play the game of basketball in a fun and safe environment while reaching their highest potential both on and off the court.
- Registration is by team only at a fee of $350 per team (10 players or less). Each additional player is an extra $10 (max of 15 players per team).
- After May 16th the registration fee will increase to $400 per team with the additional player fee still applying.
- The registration deadline is May 23rd.
- Teams may register at any PARA activity center (Monday-Friday 8a-5p) or online via this website.
- Playing divisions are 2nd-3rd grade, 4th-5th grade, 6th-7th grade, and 8th-9th grade (based on 2017-18 school year).
- Teams that did not participate with the DCYBA/SHL in the fall of 2017 must pay an additional $5/player or $50/team (whichever is less) for league insurance. This is paid directly to DCYBA and is not included in the registration fee paid to PARA.
- Teams registered with this league will be able to rent a half gym for 1.5 hours at a discounted rate of $20. This will be on a weekly first come basis as space is available and booked through the Hughes Center office.
- Games will begin June 2nd and finish by the weekend of July 28th-29th and will be played amongst PARA activity centers as well as Collins-Riverside Middle School.
- $2 admission will be charged at Collins-Riverside Middle School for anyone 19 or older.
- Scheduling includes a 6 game regular season (Saturdays) that concludes with a single elimination post season tournament and consolation bracket (weeknights and weekends as necessary).
- Schedules and tournament brackets will be available via this webpage as they become available.
- Any scheduling conflicts must be made in writing to the PARA program administrator by May 23rd. Any games missed during the season or post season tournament will be considered forfeits and will not be rescheduled.
Schedules coming soon...
- There will be a mandatory coach’s meeting May 16th at 6p at the McDonald Hughes Community Center.
- All coaches must submit the following items to the PARA program administrator prior to approval for coaching in this program. This may be completed online via this website or by hard copy:
- Youth sports coaching application
- Signed code of conduct
- Copy of valid photo ID
- Concussion training certificate (dated August 1, 2017 or later)