Although it has a funny name, Pickleball is one of the fastest growing sports in the nation!
What is Pickleball? It is a sport that combines elements of tennis, ping-pong, and badminton, played with a paddle and more durable whiffle ball. The game is played with two or four players on indoor or outdoor courts of badminton size, or a slightly modified tennis court, according to officials.
Although PARA does have some equipment to borrow, "you can get into the game for a relatively nominal expense with purchase of a paddle and balls for $50 to $60," said Hilliker.
Pickleball play is included with PARA membership or a daily user fee applies.
Seniors/active adults may be eligible for insurance based membership. You can check your benefit eligibility through the following links or PARA’s Center staff is happy to assist you:
- Pickleball Hours
- Monday: 1:00pm-8:00pm
- Tuesday-Thursday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Friday & Saturday: Call 205.562.3235 for a time
- Sunday: 1:00pm-5:00pm
For more information about court times and availability, please join the PARA Pickleball Facebook below.
Contact Kim Brown at the McAbee Center or call 205.562.3235 for more information.
- Pickleball nets are available for setup!
- Current Pickleball Hours
- Monday | Wednesday | Friday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Please call ahead or join the Faucett Pickleball GroupMe to request a court or to stay up to date!
- Contact Debra Gibson at the Faucett Center for more information or call 205.331.5600.