Tuscaloosa Baseball League
Practice & Games:
• Each team is allotted one practice per week as part of their registration fee.
• Your coach may increase the number of practices at their discretion.
• If additional practices are needed during the week, a field may be rented through PARA (limited availability) at a discounted rate of $14.00 per hour (fields with lights are an additional $15.00 per hour).
• Teams are also encouraged to find additional space for practice time at a local church, school, or playground if they do not want to pay for field rental.
• The process for reserving a field for practice will be reviewed with all coaches at the coaches meeting.
• PARA will provide complimentary practice space at the McDonald Hughes ballfields and Braughton Park ballfields (Fosters).
• Game schedules will be posted to the top of this page once they are available.
Volunteer coaches are needed for this program. If you are interested in coaching, please complete the items below.
There will be a mandatory coaches meeting scheduled prior to the beginning of the season. See details above for dates/times.
All coaches should submit the following items to the PARA administrator prior to approval for coaching in this program:
• Youth Sports Coach's Application- Must be completed each season for every sport.
• Signed Code of Conduct- Must be completed each season for every sport.
• Photo of Driver's License (Required for annual background check).
• Coach Safely Training (Must be completed annually).
• Tuscaloosa Baseball League (formerly WABL) Coaching Questionnaire
Any metal bat is allowed in PARA baseball leagues and tournament play as long as it does not have Tee Ball markings, is shorter than 26" or longer than 34" in length.
All non-wood bats and multi piece wood bats must be stamped with the official USA Baseball mark signifying the bat meets the bat performance standards set forth by USA Baseball (the governing body of amateur baseball in the United States).
Solid wood bats made from a single piece of wood, do not require the USA Baseball mark, but must meet all other bat requirements in size and length, as listed above.
Please refer to the USABat Youth Bat Standard Approved Bat List linked below to assist with your decision as needed.