Tee-Ball bats MUST HAVE the USA mark and language “For use with approved Tee Balls”
Tee-Ball bats cannot be used in a game situation where the ball is tossed/pitched to the batter.
- Registration fee includes one practice per week, games, jersey, belt and hat.
- Players provide pants, gloves, socks and cleats.
- Teams will be allowed 1 practice per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday) as part of registration fee. Your coach may increase the number of practices. Additional practices will be held on Saturdays or Sundays at Sokol North and Sokol South. Cost will be $14.00 per hour. All practices must end by dusk due to no lights at Sokol South.
- All tee ball practices and games (Saturdays) will be on Sokol E and Sokol F
- There are no practices/games on Sokol North fields on Wednesdays.
- Games may be played on Saturday mornings at Sokol South.
Volunteer coaches are needed for this program! If you are interested in coaching, please complete the items below.
There will be a mandatory coaches meeting scheduled prior to the beginning of the season. See details above for dates/times.
All coaches should submit the following items to the PARA administrator prior to approval for coaching in this program:
• Youth Sports Coach's Application (Completed each season for every sport).
• Signed Code of Conduct (Completed each season for every sport).
• Photo of Driver's License (Required for annual background check).
• Coach Safely Training (Must be completed annually).
• West Alabama Baseball League Coaching Questionnaire
The barrel of all aluminum, metal alloy, composite, multi piece wood bats or single piece wood bats shall not exceed 2 5/8” inches in diameter, nor exceed 33” inches in length.
All Non-Wood bats and Multi Piece Wood bats must be stamped with the USA Baseball mark signifying that the bat meets the bat performance standards established by USA Baseball. (USA Baseball is the governing body of amateur baseball in the United States.)
Solid Wood Bats made from a single piece of wood, do not require the USA Baseball mark, but must meet all other bat requirements in size and length, as listed above.
2 5/8 inch Bats that are -3 BBCOR (Batted ball coefficient of restitution) certified bats that meet the BBCOR standard, which do not weigh, numerically, more than 3 ounces less than the length of the bat (i.e., 33 inch bat cannot be less than 30 ounces) can be used in regular season and tournament play.
Bats stamped “BPF 1.15” are not legal in any age division. PARENTS SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER THIS RULE BEFORE PURCHASING NEW BATS FOR THEIR PLAYERS FOR THE 2020 SEASON.